To apply for ordinary membership, one must fulfill these requirements:
- Be medically qualified with special knowledge of ocular oncology
- Be actively engaged in clinical patient care or research in the field of ocular oncology
- Provide evidence of authorship or co-authorship in published articles that are cited on Medline (PubMed) in the field of ocular oncology
- If information regarding the above is not available, then a letter of recommendation by an ordinary member stating how the candidate is involved in ocular oncology can be submitted.
One must send to the Secretary of the ISOO the following items:
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications
- Letter of application
- One letter of recommendation from an ISOO member
Application and documents should be uploaded, only through the ISOO website application form. No application form will be accepted by email.
For acceptance, a majority vote of ordinary members is required.
This category includes affiliated personnel who are interested in the field of ocular oncology but do not directly provide medical care or research. Members in training (residents, fellows), Pharma Lab or Industry professionals are included within this category.
Member in training must submit a letter from their Chief of Residence or Fellowship. The date of beginning and the date of ending of training must be provided.
Annual Membership Dues
A membership fee must be paid annually by both ordinary members and affiliate members.
Failure to pay annual dues after being reminded at least once will forfeit membership to the ISOO.
Membership application forms will be accepted just until the date of abstract submission for the next ISOO meeting. Membership payment for 2021 dues will be accepted till the date of abstract submission.
$150 USD per year.